Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"Happy Continuation Day Dear Thay"

Via: Plum Village Online Monastery

Dear Friends,
Today is our Teacher's Birthday - or as Thay likes to say Continuation Day. "Happy Continuation Day Dear Thay"
Thay often tells us - if we have the idea to offer Thay a birthday gift - that the best gift he could receive is the gift of our own practice. He invites us to write to him to share our idea of something very concrete and practical that we feel inspired to do to help deepen our practice. For example "Dear Thay, I vow that for everyday the next year I will practice brushing my teeth in mindfulness" or "Dear Thay, I vow that when I feel irritation with my loved one I will practice not to react immediately but to find a way to stop and breathe".
Send your gift to Thay by posting here. It will be an inspiration for us all and we will pass on these gifts to Thay.

No comments:

Post a Comment